Monday, February 8, 2010

hell week, day one


Instead of watching the Super Bowl last night, I made black bean chili and guacamole and hosted a mini-marathon of the original Star Wars trilogy. This made me miss my Home Boys something fierce. Guys, if you're reading this, you ought to know that you figure prominently in my warmest memories of adolescence and I thank you for that. It meant the world to me to have you all passing out under Twister mats in the Blue Room while I honed my nascent housewifery in the kitchen. Even when Boom made fun of me for it. Even when I put olive oil in the popcorn.

Despite a failed run for brownie mix, last night was a success: good company, plentiful beer, emergency Haagen Dazs. Morale was high (and although I haven't danced since my lesson on Friday, I'm smart enough to know that I needed an evening in.)

Tonight, we tech The Show. And so it begins. I will say this: It may be 27 degrees outside, but the sky is so storm-cleared and blue that it can't help but suggest the eventuality of Spring.

No comments: